- February 24, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Uncategorized
If you are a student in Canada, your spouse is eligible to apply for an open work permit.
For your spouse to be eligible, the following conditions must be met;
- You must have a valid study permit.
- You must be a full-time student at one of these types of institutions;
- A public post-secondary school(eg.college/university or CEGEP in Quebec )
- A private college-level school in Quebec.
- A Canadian legally approved private school that can award degrees under provincial law. (eg.Masters/ Bachelors or Doctorates degree.)
How long will it take to acquire an Open Work Permit?
The processing of the work permit may take several months, the actual time depends on several factors.
Also Read: 5 Steps To Move To Canada
The validity of the Open Work Permit
Your spouses’ open work permit will be valid for the same amount of time as is your study permit.
The application process can be done by your spouse online.